How do inspections work?

Basically, inspections are required before any part of the construction may be covered up and at the completion of the project. Work such as plumbing, electrical, mechanical work, framing, and irrigation must be inspected before concealing.

A list of inspections for one and two-family dwellings is provided below:

  • Temp power pole, plumbing rough, form board survey required on site for plumbing rough inspection. Sanitary filled with water and water service connected to meter or air tested to minimum 50 psi.
  • Foundation pre-pour inspection, Engineer’s pre-pour inspection certification showing compliance with approved plans. Should show grounding electrode compliance.

  • Frame, mechanical rough, electrical rough, and plumbing top out inspection. Termite treatment letter and energy code compliance paperwork on site.

  • Meter release electric, and gas. Plugged, and switched. Gas system with code compliant shut off valve and air tested with diaphragm gauge.
  • Building final, mechanical final, electrical final, and plumbing final. Energy code compliance letter.
  • Final Grading Certificate confirming that final grade matches the original grading plan approved with building permit application.

Show All Answers

1. How many sets of plans are needed for new home construction?
2. What types of projects require a permit?
3. Do retail food establishments have guidelines under a boil water order?
4. What is the zoning of my property?
5. Is my property in the Town or the ETJ?
6. Why does the Town of Argyle require building permits?
7. What are some of the common permits I should be concerned with?
8. How does one get a permit?
9. Can I do the work myself or must I hire a contractor?
10. What is the requirement for contractors working within the Town?
11. How do inspections work?
12. Who do I need to contact for water connections?