Argyle's annual tree rebate program is set to begin Oct. 1, offering tree planting incentives to residents, businesses and neighborhoods that commit to helping increase the community's tree canopy.
Property owners may purchase up to five qualifying 5 to 15-gallon sized trees or two, 30-gallon sized trees. Taxes/delivery are counted toward the total cost of the tree.
- Applications are accepted between October 1st and March 1st or until funds are expended.
- Funding is limited to $10,000 annually for residents & another $10,000 annually for HOAs.
- The program will be administered on a first come, first serve basis.
- Complete your application online (https://argyletx.portal.iworq.net/portalhome/argyletx). Attach a copy of your paid invoice or receipt, indicating the date of purchase, supplier name and address, size of the tree(s), and total price of the tree(s). Applications must be submitted electronically between October 1st and March 1st. Plant your tree within 15 days of purchase.
- Rebates will not be applied to trees planted as part of a Town of Argyle landscape plan, or tree preservation/mitigation requirement.
- Plant on a property owned by you. If you do not own the property, you must obtain consent from the owner prior to planting. Trees must be planted within the Argyle Town limits.
- Trees may not be planted within 10 feet from the foundation of any buildings, within utility easements, or at a location that will obstruct any line of sight for traffic.
Program participants must call the Texas Excavation Safety System (DIGTESS) prior to planting trees. Call 1 (800) DIG-TESS (or 811), Extension #4 or go online and submit a ticket at https://texas811.org/