Permitting is a division of the Community Development Department tasked with overseeing the building phase of development. Permits are required prior to the new construction, addition, alteration or repair of existing buildings and structures. Complete applications are required in order for a permit to be issued.
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
Beginning January 3, 2023, the Town of Argyle will use a new permitting software iWorQ. Permits, contractor registrations, and development projects will no longer be accepted through the firstname.lastname@example.org email account, employee email account, or in person at Argyle Town Hall.
To submit applications, please click on the link below:
The Town no longer requires a permit for installment of an alarm system.
If you need assistance with the application portal, please contact 940-464-7273.
All contractors are required to register with the Town of Argyle before performing services within Town limits. Contractors must register on a yearly basis and will be required to pay an initial $125 registration fee and a $50 renewal fee in the following years.
Adopted Building Codes
Building Codes are a set of accepted standards adopted as guidelines for construction of buildings and related operations. The Town of Argyle has adopted the following codes with local amendments:
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Existing Building Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Fuel and Gas Code (FGC)
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code