Welcome to Argyle, Texas
Argyle is strategically located within Denton County, one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. The Town of Argyle provides its residents with a small-town atmosphere, with first class style and easy access to many business centers, medical facilities, shopping, entertainment, cultural activities, and professional sporting events with its close proximity to the Metroplex (Denton, Ft Worth, and Dallas). Argyle is a great place to call home.
The Mayor, Town Council, and Staff are dedicated to providing the highest level of professional, efficient and effective public services to its citizens as well as to those visiting our community. The Town is open for business, working diligently to serve and retain our existing businesses, while striving to attract new business and development. The Town Government demonstrates its commitment to the highest level of public service through its adoption and practicing of its seven core values:
- Continuous Improvement
DRAFT FORM BASED CODES
Revised Form Based Code presentation presented at the December 11, 2014 Joint Meeting.
DRAFT COMPREHENSIVE PLAN
The Draft Future Land Use Plan (FLUP) Map, i.e. Comprehensive Plan is intended to be for discussion purposes only in order to illustrate the following features outlined below. The accompanying draft text amendments are still being finalized and will be provided before the beginning of the Comprehensive Plan amendments Q&A sessions scheduled for the month of January. As always, the FLUP serves as a guide for future development and represents policy and generalized land uses proposed for the Town of Argyle. Any and all comments related to these proposals are welcome and encouraged.
What is being proposed?
- Transect lines to follow property lines as opposed to organic boundaries that are featured with the current Future Land Use Plan.
- Abolishes the "Discouraged" category throughout all of the transects.
- Introduction of a new transect, T3-A on the west side of the Union Pacific RR will be exclusively single family residential. A "Recommended" density of 1 unit per acre or "Suitable" density of 1.25 units per acre is contemplated with significant open space requirements. All T3-A land uses must accommodate public trails along the RR track with significant landscaping and buffering from the Railroad track.
- "Conservation" land use option, which is an available option in the T1 transect, proposed to be added to the T2 transect to promote the increased preservation of natural features and open space at the discretion of P&Z and Council. The T1 transect currently lists 10 acres per dwelling unit as "Recommended" and 5 acres per dwelling unit as "Suitable" with variances for conservation development at one dwelling unit per acre as an alternative option. The T2 transect currently lists 2.5 acres per dwelling unit as "Recommended" with no other options.
- Minor clean up of areas to the FLUP consistent with current residentially developed areas.
Draft Future Land Use Plan Map (as of 1/12/15)
Draft Comprehensive Plan Update (as of 1/22/15)
Receive updates regarding meetings, events and crime trends by texting ARGYLE to 22828 or follow the "e-news" link below.
January 31st, 10am-noonTown Staff will be holding a series of three Comprehensive Plan Amendment Q&A Sessions. ... Read More
(First Tuesday of each month @ 6:30 pm)
The Argyle Planning & Zoning Commission wil hold its regularly scheduled monthly meeting at A... Read More
(Second Thursday of each month @ 7 PM)
The Argyle EDC meets once a month in regularly scheduled meeting on the second Thursday @ 7 PM at... Read More