The mission of the Argyle Economic Development Corporation is to promote the recruitment of new businesses, the retention and expansion of existing businesses, and to maximize the tax base of Argyle while capitalizing upon our rural character and sense of community.
We invite you and your business to join us in our expanding community.The Argyle EDC is committed to:
- Recruiting and retaining commercial development consistent with the Town's Comprehensive Plan;
- Supporting infrastructure improvements directly related to economic development;
- Pursuing regional alliances on common development and supporting research and data sharing.
The Town of Argyle currently has a Tax Abatement Policy for qualifying developments. In addition, the Town has also adopted the Freeport Exemption for qualifying properties. The Freeport Exemption exempts taxes on eligible inventory that is transported out of the State of Texas within 175 days of acquisition. The goods must first be in Texas only for a limited purpose, such as for storage or factory processing.
The EDC will consider development assistance in other areas such as infrastructure improvements on a case by case basis.
Traffic Counts Map
Each year, the Town of Argyle Public Works Department conduct traffic count studies for purposes of documenting the amount of traffic flow throughout its jurisdiction. The most recent report has been completed for 2018.
The basic parameters for each traffic study are:
1. Conducted in months of January - March
2. Conducted on Mondays - Thursdays only
3. School must be in session (no holidays or Spring Break)
4. Each location is tracked for 24-hour period
5. Only two-way streets are used
6. All streets in Argyle including State and County-operated roads are included
* There are no peak hour or directional counts data in report.
2018 Traffic Counts Map